HELPLINE 866-868-7672



The story about your symptoms of enlarged prostate (BPH) and their impact on your lifestyle is unique. Tell your story and make sure your doctor listens. An accurate and detailed account of your condition will help your doctor make a diagnosis and, if need be, make a treatment recommendation that is right for you.

Here are some comments and questions that can help guide your discussion about BPH with your doctor. To complete Step 3, print this Doctor Discussion Guide and take it to the doctor’s office.

Information about me that my doctor will need to know:

My symptoms and medical history. Be as specific as you can.

  • How often are you urinating?
  • Each night, how often do you empty your bladder?
  • Do you feel pain or burning when urinating?

My lifestyle.

  • Let your doctor know if you are married or single and how symptoms such as urinating at night are affecting your spouse or partner.
  • Do you need to get back to work quickly after treatment?
  • Are you sexually active or not?
  • Is maintaining your sexual function after treatment important to you?


Questions For My Doctor to Answer

  1. Do I have enlarged prostate (BPH)?
  2. Do my symptoms need treatment?
  3. If I do not receive treatment, what might happen?
  4. What are my treatment options?
  5. Will my insurance cover each treatment option?
  6. What will be the ongoing cost of treatment?
  7. What are the side effects and benefits of these options?
  8. Which treatment option is best suited for my lifestyle?
  9. Will any treatments cause problems with my medications (if you are taking medications)?
  10. Do any treatments require hospitalization or general anesthesia?

Documents For My Doctor to Review

  • If you’ve filled out the AUA Symptom Quiz on this Web site, print out the results or at least let the doctor know your score.

Congratulations, you have finished Step 3 in your 4 Steps to Take Control of BPH!


Disclaimer: This material is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for a consultation. You should talk with a urologist regarding your specific symptoms or medical condition.

© 2019 Medifocus Inc. | All rights reserved. | Important Information | Private Policy | Developed by Kohn Creative
go to top